There are several things you might think to do to remedy a high water bill or electricity bill before you take a closer look at your water heater. Do you have a leaky faucet? Should you be taking shorter showers? Are you making sure to turn off the lights when you’re not in the room? While these options are important to consider, keep this in mind: about 25% of the energy used in your home goes toward heating your water! Your water heater affects your utility bills more than you might have realized, and one of the best ways to decrease monthly costs is by upgrading your traditional setup to a tankless water heater.
Pros of Tankless Water Heaters
There are several benefits of going tankless that can be customized to your household by a professional plumber. Similar to traditional water heaters, the size of the tankless water heater you’ll need will vary based on your family’s water use, for instance how much water you’ll be heating at any given time.
The pros of going tankless include:
- Because they aren’t storing water in a tank, there is no sediment buildup.
- They heat water instantly, minimizing your wait time for the perfect temperature.
- They are energy efficient, only heating water when it’s needed.
- They are low maintenance and can last at least twice as long as tank storage systems.
- They are easy to winterize because they don’t store a large amount of water.
- They are space efficient, making them perfect for small homes.
- They are safer to operate and less likely to leak gallons of water unexpectedly.
- Technology is always advancing; some units offer Wi-Fi connectivity!
Repairing Tankless Water Heaters
If you run into any issues with your water heater, you can trust Thorough Plumbing to perform the repairs necessary to get the hot water flowing again. Sometimes, though, repairs aren’t enough. If your water heater is more than 10 years old, we may recommend replacing your old unit with a modern, tankless water heater.
At Thorough Plumbing, we specialize in installing and repairing Rinnai tankless water heaters. These units are built to commercial-grade standards and are the ideal upgrade for your plumbing system.
To learn more about tankless water heaters and how they can benefit you, call Thorough Plumbing at (469) 283-6222 or contact us online.
“Water heater install today was flawless. He even corrected sloppy work from other plumbers (replaced my drain pan and fixed the water line connections) to avoid flooding my attic. Details like that make all the difference and give confidence that the job is as done right. I appreciate Jeff and the fantastic job he did today. He earned my business for life.”Bryan W.