Plumbers in The City of McKinney
Thorough Takes Care of All Your Plumbing Needs!
You want to make sure all your plumbing repairs are completed the Thorough Plumbing way, thoroughly. We diagnose and resolve all plumbing problems plaguing your McKinney home. Thorough Plumbing can restore your home to the comfortable and safe place you expect it to be.
Need a trustworthy plumber in McKinney? Contact Thorough Plumbing now!
Schedule service today: (469) 283-6222.
Plumbing Installation, Maintenance, and Repair in McKinney, Texas
We can all agree with the plumbing system in your house is one of the most critical and vital parts of your home’s infrastructure. When everything, in your McKinney plumbing system, is working as it should and designed, it can be easy to take it for granted. However, when it breaks down, the results can be catastrophic. Most McKinney homeowners do not know much about their plumbing system when it is working, let alone when it breaks down.
That is why at Thorough Plumbing, we take the mystery out of plumbing systems. Our expert McKinney plumbers work to make your system more reliable and functional every time. We are so thorough you will not need to worry because if there is a problem it will be repaired correctly the first time.
McKinney Home Slab Leaks Can Lead to Frustration
A slab leak in your home in McKinney is extremely frustrating. Slab leaks have the potential for water damage and undermine the stability of a foundation. Slab leaks occur when a small hole forms in the copper lining located below the slab. It is especially important to resolve slab leaks as soon as possible to mitigate damage and keep the repairs from becoming too expensive. Thorough Plumbing has a couple of different options that may fix your problem, other than busting up your floor.
If you detect or feel you have a slab leak in your McKinney home’s foundation, call Thorough Plumbing immediately.
Where are Slab Leaks Often Found?
Most often, slab leaks can be found near the base of the slab or where the pipe enters the slab. Why? It is the point where the pipes are the most vulnerable to capitulating to pressure or time degradation.
The Causes of Slab Leaks
Several things can result in a slab leak including:
- Age – The majority of slabs are lined with a thin layer of soft copper. Over time, the copper layer is prone to degrading or yielding to pressure. The continuous pressure from the house could cause the pipes under the slab to be crushed and rupture.
- Corrosion – The copper lining is susceptible to corrosion. Corrosion occurs when the copper lining is exposed to moisture and degrades. Slab pipes are located underground where there is potentially a lot of groundwater.
- Abrasion – Abrasion occurs when water pipes vibrate or rub against the slab. This action can cause the pipes to degrade and develop holes.
Signals There May Be a Slab Leak in Your McKinney Home’s Foundation
It is important to be particularly mindful of these four distinct signs of a slab leak:
- Surprisingly High Water Bill – If you notice an exceptionally high water bill well above the average, you could have a leak. This is often the result of water being lost, but not being used, through a ruptured pipe in the slab that has not yet been detected.
- Wet Spots – If you notice a random wet spot on the carpeting, but no liquid has been spilled, then that is a strong sign. The carpet is wet because the water has pushed itself up through the carpeting and caused a wet spot. Another example is a random hot spot caused by a hot water leak.
- Constant Sound of Running Water – If you or another person in the home is constantly hearing water running with no apparent cause, then that could be the result of water running out through a hole in the pipes.
- Heaving – If the leak is unbelievably bad, the house will rise due to the ground becoming saturated with water. Heaving can cause severe structural damage and is almost a definite sign of a slab leak.
Contact Thorough Plumbing to have the slab leaks in your McKinney home’s foundation repaired before widespread and serious damage can be done to your home. Our plumbers in McKinney can be reached at (469) 283-6222.
Why Thorough Plumbing
After years of plumbing, Jeffrey Baty the owner of Thorough Plumbing heard the same thing over and over again while running calls for other companies around the state. Jeffrey kept being told how Thorough he was and he thought he was just doing his job. Now with his own company Jeffrey wants to see just how Thorough he can be.
When something unexpected happens, the only thing on your mind is for someone to help you fast! We always get back to our customers right away and will never leave you hanging.